What will our future look like? What kind of world are you imagining? The COVID-19 pandemic offers a unique opportunity. The opportunity to overhaul the biased structures, legislation, and norms that inform our societies’ perceptions of women and women’s access to equal opportunities.
To seize this opportunity, Women Political Leaders (WPL) is hosting a Global Webinar entitled:
“Female leaders shaping the world of the future: Building a new normal”
11 June 2020 I 9:30–11:00 CEST I ZOOM
This WPL Global Webinar will establish a strong foundation as we work towards equality for women and men in a post-COVID-19 society. It will provide the opportunity to discuss ways to ensure that women are key actors in the creation and implementation of structural and sustainable change regarding equality.
The WPL global community of women political leaders will join discussions led by the Members of WPL Board, an astounding group of women political leaders from around the globe:
- Helen Clark, Chair of the WPL Board, Prime Minister of New Zealand (1999-2008), Administrator of the UNDP (2009-2017)
- Silvana Koch-Mehrin, President & Founder of WPL, Vice President of the European Parliament (2009-2011)
- Hanna Birna Kristjánsdóttir, Senior Advisor on Women’s Leadership at UN Women, Chair of the Board of the Reykjavík Global Forum (RGF)
- Jewel Howard Taylor, Vice President of Liberia, President of the Senate of Liberia
- Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, President of Malta (2014-2019)
- Nurhayati Ali Assegaf, Vice Chairwoman of the Democratic Party of Indonesia, President of the Geneva Council for International Affairs and Development
- Rosalía Arteaga, President of Ecuador (1997)
Together, they will place a crucial spotlight on the unprecedented opportunity this pandemic offers.
WPL encourages you to submit questions in advance to email@example.com.