The Women in Parliaments Global Forum believes that best practice examples are most convincing, and can encourage others. That is why WIP will present a series of Annual WIP Awards to countries outperforming on issues, which are at the core of WIP.
The WIP Awards are based on the rankings of the World Economic Forum’s “Global Gender Gap Report“. The Index featured in the Global Gender Gap Report assesses 135 countries, representing more than 93% of the world’s population, on how well resources and opportunities are divided among male and female populations.
The WIP Awards 2013 will be presented in the following categories:
Winners in the Categories of Political Empowerment:
- Women in Parliament: Rwanda
- Years with Female Head of State: Ireland
- Legislators, Senior Officials and Managers: Jamaica
Winners by Region in Closing the Gender Gap:
- Global Winner in Closing the Gender Gap: Iceland
- Middle East: Israel
- Oceania: New Zealand
- South and Southeast Asia: Philippines
- East Asia: Mongolia
- Africa: Lesotho
- Europe and Central Asia: Iceland
- European Union: Finland
- South America: Bolivia
Achievements in Closing the Gender Gap in the Arab World
- Winner by Region Arab World: United Arab Emirates
Achievements in increasing the Percentage of Women in Parliamentary Positions: Algeria
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.