The Women in Parliaments Global Forum (WIP) is hosting a Panel Session about the role of female Parliamentarians in the Islamic Society on 21. June, within the programme of the Annual Session of the Crans Montana Forum in Rabat, Morocco. This conference brings together decision-makers at the highest level from Governments, International Organizations, Parliaments and Businesses from around the world. The initiative is supported by UNESCO and ISESCO.
Silvana Koch-Mehrin, Founder of WIP, will be among the Special Guests of the Opening Session of this Forum (Friday 20 June), together with the following Heads of State:
- Mr. Blaise Compaoré, President of the Republic of Burkina Faso
- Mr. Filip Vujanovic, President of the Republic of Montenegro
- Mr. Pierre Nkurunziza, President of the Republic of Burundi
- Mrs. Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, President of the Republic of Malta
- Mr. Gordon Darcy Lilo, Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands
- Mr. Roger Kolo, Prime Minister of the Republic of Madagascar
The WIP Plenary Session “The impact of Women in Parliaments in Islamic Society” on 21 June (from 16:45 to 18:15) will address the political empowerment of female Parliamentarians in Islamic countries and their impact in the Islamic society, with the following speakers:
- Mrs. Svetlana Vujanovic, First Lady of Montenegro
- Princess Rachael Yisa, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Gender Affairs, Niger State, Nigeria
- Mrs. Margaret Mensah-Williams, Vice President of IPU Women’s Coordinating Committee
- Mrs. Linda Tsen Thau Lin, MP of the Parliament of Malaysia
- Mrs. Laila Miyara, Chair of the Association des Femmes Entrepreneurs du Maroc
- Mrs. Kedija Belhadi, Founder and President of the Association of Women Entrepreneurs, Algeria
Please find here the official programme and further regular updates on the CMF’s website.