WPL G20 is co-hosted by Women Political Leaders (WPL), the European Commission, and the European Parliament, in the framework of the Italian Presidency of the G20. This high-level gathering of women political leaders is designed to support the ensuing discussions during the G20 Leaders’ Summit of October 30th and 31st.
WPL G20 will focus on the latest findings of the Reykjavík Index for Leadership, which measures society’s perceptions in all G20 countries on the suitability of women and men for leadership positions. The discussion will then turn to the G20 priorities – People, Planet, and Prosperity – with a special focus on the most urgent challenge to achieving these goals: Climate Action. With the support of findings contained in the Reykjavík Manual, the conclusions drawn from this discussion will yield recommendations to be brought to the UN Climate Change Conference (COP).
The list of attendees includes:
- Arancha González, Minister of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation (2020 – 2021), Government of Spain;
- Assita Kanko, Member of the European Parliament;
- Bineta Diop, African Union Representative;
- Bogolo J. Kenewendo, Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry, Botswana (2018-2020); Member, National Assembly of the Republic of Botswana (2016-2019); Member of the G7 Equality Advisory Council; WPL Special Envoy to G7 & G20;
- Diah Pitaloka, Leader of the Women’s Caucus in the House, Indonesia;
- Ingrid Barnsley, Deputy Director, OECD Environment Directorate, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development;
- Irine Yusiana Roba Putri, Member of the House of Representatives, WPL Country Ambassador, Indonesia;
- Elena Bonetti, Minister for Family and Equal Opportunities;
- Linda Lanzillotta, WPL Global Ambassador for Good Governance; Vice-President of the Senate of Italy (2013-2018);
- Marilou McPhedran, Member of the Senate, WPL Country Ambassador, Canada;
- Michelle Harrison, Global CEO, Public Division, Kantar;
- Nurhayati Ali Assegaf, Member of Parliament, House of Representatives, Indonesia (2004-2019); President, Geneva Council for International Affairs & Development; Member, WPL Board, WPL Global Ambassador for SDGs;
- Verónica Delgadillo García, WPL Country Ambassador, Mexico.
More information about the programme can be found here.