Women Political Leaders will host side sessions at UN General Assembly, 73rd Session in New York.
WPL will be hosting a number of events as a part of the Concordia Annual Summit 2018.
WPL will also be co-hosting a session on Blockchain for Social Good: Utilizing Blockchain to Aid Economic Development, in cooperation with Binance Charity Foundation (BFC) and Finance Center for South-South Cooperation (FCSSC).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Her Excellency Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, President of Malta
- Mr. Jorge Chediek, UNOSSC Director and Envoy of the Secretary-General on South-South Cooperation
- Helen Hai, Head, Blockchain Charity Foundation
- Zhang Zhiping, Executive President, FCSSC
- Hanna Birna Kristjánsdóttir, President of the Executive Board, WPL
Roundtable discussion with:
- Nan Li Collins, Head of UNDP SDG Impact Finance (UNSIF)
- Simon Connell, Executive Director, Mercy Corp Europe
- Robin Miller, Partner & Digital Practice Lead, Dalberg
- Hiro Nishiguchi, Executive Managing Director, Japanese Innovation Network
- Anir Chowdhury, Policy Advisor, A2I (Access to Information) Program Bangladesh
- Chandula Abeywickrema, Chairman, LANKA IMPACT INVESTING NETWORK
- Dr. Roze Phillips, Management Consulting Lead and Geographic Council Member, Accenture Africa
- Michael Del Castillo, Crypto Staff Writer, Forbes
- Teck Chia, Partner, Binance Labs
Blockchain holds vast development potential for frontier and emerging markets. The efficiency, transparency, and accountability of blockchain can advance national agenda by supporting economic growth, access to social services, and resilient public service infrastructure.
This session will bring together technology experts and government representatives to discuss the unique value of blockchain technology, showcase blockchain pilot programs in countries around the world, and discuss how blockchain can support governments in advancing national development agendas and driving inclusive growth.