Welcome to the 11 leading women politicians worldwide who have been officially appointed by the relevant political leadership entity of their respective country to act as the representative of the country in the achievement of WPL’s mission.
• Tashi Wamgmo, Eminent Member of the National Council, Bhutan
• Annita Demetriou, Member of the House of Representatives, Cyprus
• Fatoumatta Jawara, Member of the National Assembly, Gambia
• Rada Tumanbaeva, Member of the Supreme Council, Committee on Agrarian Policy, Water Resources, Ecology and Regional Development, Kyrgyzstan
• Inaya Ezzeddine, Member of the National Assembly, Lebanon
• Rozaina Adam, Member of Parliament, Maldives
• Fehmida Mirza, Member of the National Assembly, Federal Minister for Inter-Provincial Coordination, Pakistan
• Åsa Lindestam, First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Sweden
• Rahmon Ozoda, Member of the Assembly, Tajikistan Tajikistan
• Chitpas Kridakon, Member of the House of Representatives, Thailand
• Mabel Chinomona, President of the Senate, Chairperson of the Women’s Committee of the African Parliamentary Union (APU), Zimbabwe
WPL Country Ambassadors through their influential political positions create opportunities for collaboration and a continuous exchange of ideas that benefit from the different political, geographical and cultural background from which these decision-makers draw experiences and knowledge. The committed efforts of WPL Ambassadors towards gender equality shall continue to bring about real, long-needed change for the betterment of societies.