The HLPF is the main United Nations platform on sustainable development. It provides political leadership, guidance and recommendations. It follows up and reviews the implementation of sustainable development commitments and, as of 2016, the post-2015 development agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It addresses new and emerging challenges; promotes the science-policy interface and enhances the integration of economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development.
The following WIP Delegates have contributed to the discussions of the HLPF:
– Jaroslava Jermanová, Vice-President of the Parliament and WIP Ambassador, Czech Republic – ‘Changing approaches to policy making: the role of the SDGs’ (30 June, 10 am).
– Ximena Ponce, Member of Parliament, former Minister for Economic and Social Inclusion and WIP Ambassador, Ecuador – ‘Regional support to national action’ (30 June, 3pm).
– Naisula Lesuuda, Member of the Senate, Kenya – ‘Reaching out to the world – Communicating the agenda’ (1 July, 3pm)
– Oyun Sanjaasuren, Chair of UNEA, Minister of Environment and Green Development, Mongolia – “Our HLPF in the next 15 years” (7 July, 3pm)
– Silvana Koch-Mehrin, Founder of WIP and former Vice-President of the European Parliament – ‘Our HLPF in the next 15 years’ (7 July, 3pm).
Full programme: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf/2015
The discussion on the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will continue next week at the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (Addis Ababa, 13-16 July). WIP is co-hosting the side event ‘Money Matters: Female Parliamentarians and Domestic Financing for an equal Post-2015 Agenda’, in partnership with the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), on 13 July at 15:30-18:00 (Elilly Hotel, Addis Ababa).